Friday, June 15, 2012

Washougal 6 Hr MTB - Photo Set 1

 

This was the hardest race I think I have ever done. Harder than the 100-miler in Bend last year!  This was due to tough, tough conditions. It had been raining all week, and then cleared up just long enough for the mud to dry into this thick, peanut-butter like consistency that made it almost impossible to ride through.  There was quite a bit of time spent pushing the bike along with the wheels not spinning because there was so much mud. Crazy.  Fortunately I like long races – so I had a good time anyways – and ended up taking 2nd place in the solo women’s 6- hour race!  Also – mom was there working as a race official – so I got to wave hello to her each lap when I came though!  Downside: I strained my forearm pushing my bike – so now it’s a mandatory 7-10 days off the bike while I try to let my tendons cool off and reduce the swelling. Hrmph. I’m not a very good patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment