Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stottlemeyer 60

next up: Stottlemeyer! this is one of my favorite races - its put on by NW Epic and it is super well run, and the course is a blast! I drove up with Beth and Rachel on Friday after work. I was so excited to go I look a little crazed in my pic with Beth! camping was lovely, the weather was perfect, and the course was MUCH drier than last year (so faster). I ended up catching up with 3rd place in the middle of my 4th lap (race was 4 laps of 15 miles), and we had a great time racing together the last 7-8 miles! neither of us had seen another female racer since the beginning of lap 2. we decided to cross the line together - so we tied for third and finished in about 5:53- close to 40 minutes faster than last year!

I hope to go back next year for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment