Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nico's Quilt

My good 'ol buddy Joanna from high school x-country running is expecting her second little munchkin! She and her husband are going to have a little boy, Nico, in early June. Her baby shower was this past Tuesday, so in typical Sarah-fashion I waited until the very last minute to decide I was going to make something.

I decided to make a mini-quilt, 2'x2', for them to use with the baby carrier so there wasn't a lot of extra blanket getting in the way of the straps, etc.   In my head I estimated that this should take me about 3-hours to complete, the perfect evening project!  WRONG!  Try more like 8-hours. I was up until about 2:30 in the morning - oof!  But it was fun, and I figured it out, and fortunately I have an incredibly sweet husband who went to the video store for me to rent the fourth season of Mad Men so I could watch it while I worked.


Quilt front: made with fabric scraps, and polka-dot border from Cool Cottons!

Quilt back: Put a bird on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment