Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blazers Opening Night - 2009!

As a super surprise Thor got us tickets to the opening game of the Blazer's season! They played the Houston Rockets last night and we won: 96-87. For reasons I don't entirely understand - StubHub messed up our ticket order not once, but twice, but this ended up being a great thing for Thor & I! Because the snafoo was their fault Stubhub hooked us up with replacement tickets down near the court- we were in about the 6th row - it was amazing, and we never would have paid for those tickets on our own!!! (think $500-ish for a pair of tickets).

Here I am standing at the beginning of our row - you can see how close we were to the action!

An usher offered to take a picture of Thor & I together - my guess is that he was about 83 years old - and pretty shaky with the camera (hence the fuzziness). Thor is wearing on of the free Blazer hats that they were giving away to everyone who came to opening night!


Here's a shot of Brandon Roy getting ready to take a free-throw (I think that's what it's called! Obviously I have a LOT to learn about basketball still!)


These seats were SOOO much fun. I might be ruined for life. =) I told Thor that at some point during our lives we just need to bite the bullet and spring for a pair of tickets, courtside, right at mid-court. Maybe for our 25th wedding anniversary or something like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment