Friday, April 24, 2009

'New' Old House Picture

I just found this picture on my work computer -- it's a great shot of what the front of the house used to look like -- you can even see the hideous holly tree in the upper right hand corner of the picture and the big yews on either side of the front porch that we dug out last year! I can't believe how different everything looks now.

Around the same time I took the above picture Thor & I decided we had just HAD IT with the ugly, white, cursivey columns and rails on our front porch.....well, almost. We realized we couldn't actually cut out the structural support of the columns, but we took the Sawzall to the rest of the railing and chopped it out. Our long term plan is to encompass the verticals in solid columns of some sort so that it doesn't look like a 75-year old couple does the decorating.


No comments:

Post a Comment