Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

We had a busy, busy weekend. New seeds started:
  • Tomato: Grape Jelly Bean Red & Yellow, Lycopersicon lycopersicum (hybrid). I grew these last year and they were delicious.
  • Tomato: Cherry Rainbow Mix, Lycopersicon lycopersicum (hybrid). I started three pots of these -- the seeds are dyed so you know which color you're planting. The three colors I started were: Brown Cherry, Super Snow White & Bi-colored Cherry (pink & white striped).
For those of you who have been to our house you know that the gate into our backyard has been broken for, oh, ever since we moved in. Thor put his new circular to work this weekend and put in a new latch!


Perhaps the biggest, most exciting news of the weekend is that Thor's mountain bike came in! It's an Ibis Mojo - built out full XT (except LX cassette and Heyes Stroker brakes). It also has the new Fox Talus 150 fork on it! (I realize that for about 75% of you this information will mean nothing). I'm bummed I still can't get out mtn. biking with my gimpy shouler!


Thor ripped out the back lawn that had been invested by aggressive winter moss. He has three weeks before optimal grass seeding to turn in compost, level, and lay the brick border.


The first daffodils of spring in our yard! (This is ironic given the fact that it was snowing on my bike ride into work on Monday morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment