Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oakridge: Single track for Miles

I realize I'm veeeery behind in posting. I got backlogged after we went to visit Daphne in NYC and I had soooo many great pictures I got overwhelmed with organizing all of them. I'm going to try and get caught up! 

No posting doesn't mean we haven't been busy though. :) This past weekend we rolled out of town to Oakridge for a little camping and mtn biking and it was fantastic. it rained last week so the trails were in perfect shape. I'll blitz through captioning these pics. 

Campsite #1: where laea ate a stick and started hacking/dry heaving at 10pm and we thought we were going to have to drive to Eugene in the middle of the night. crazy dog. thankfully she settled down.

Day 1 ride: Alpine-tire mountain-Cloverpatch- Connector-Alpine. great loop! About 30 miles total and 5,500' of climbing. These pics are not in day order, but you can see how beautiful the area and trail are!





I think this section on tire mountain might be thors favorite stretch of trail in Oregon 

The wildflowers were out in force!



Sunset from our campsite on Day 2 - near the resevoir. 

And a view in the morning. 

Sunday we were both tired, so we slept in (9:30!) and then decided to just do a paddleboard in the sun. We even got Laea on a board! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks! She balanced up there for about an hour before we headed back to shore to do some swimming, and then rolled back to Portland midday. It was nice and relaxing overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment