Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving in Colorado: Sun, Family, Biking, and more Sun!

Thor and I went to Colorado for Thanksgiving to visit Sheri and Fred in Mancos, and then head north a bit to check out Ralph's new digs in Ridgeway.  I meant to get these pictures posted in November, but I caught a nasty, nasty headcold on the flight back to Portland and have been totally out of commission since last Tuesday.  Yuck. I hate being sick.  The only good thing about being sick now is that I hope it means that getting sick is out of my system, and I won't get sick again any time soon so I'll be in great shape in two-weeks when I head north to visit Kathryn and Brian and meet sweet, Stella May!!!!

Anyways. Back to the trip.  We had a fantastic time - the weather was beyond perfect (sun and 55-65 every day), we got to spend time hanging out with family, did a couple of hikes, and even snuck in two bike rides (an awesome, awesome treat - thank you for finding us bikes Fred!!!) Here are some of our pics from our 5-days in Colorado.

view from the plane flying into Durango
Self portrait - Phil's World trails on Thanksgiving day.


Thor - on a SS, as usual.  I don't know how he rides so fast on this thing!

Fred - another speedster!  This guy cranks!!!

Me.  

The Thanksgiving table - we had a great time cooking and hanging out with Sheri, Jack, Fred & Daphne before dinner.

Thor practicing Thanksgiving yoga post-dinner.

The view from Sheri's porch.  The work Sheri has done to her cabin and property is beautiful! It is such a lovely, relaxing place to come visit.

View into the Aspens on our post-Thanksgiving day ride down Chicken Creek.


We got to do our second ride with Steve - a fierce biker/boater who works for Sheri - in addition to being friends with a couple of people that we know in Portland. Small world!

This little guy flew into Sheri's window and was a bit stunned. Jack brought him out to sit on my hand until he felt well enough to fly off - probably about 15 minutes later.

On Saturday we went to Mesa Verde National Park to do some hiking. There was a fire there about 10-years ago, but the burnt trees were just beautiful!
Anasazi ruins.


View from sunset walk near Sheri's house.

Apparently I did not take many pictures in Ridgeway!  Ralph's new house is GREAT - perfect size, gets tons of sun, and is a quick walk from the sweet local brewery/pizza establishment - Colorado Boy.  Here are Thor, Daphne and I mid-way down the rim trail that overlooks Ouray.

No comments:

Post a Comment