Friday, April 20, 2012

A Relaxing Weekend in Seattle

Last weekend Thor & I headed up to Seattle to visit Kathryn and Brian in their new house, enjoy a nice Saturday brunch and walk with Aunt Susanna, and check out the trails at Duthie Hill - a ride area just east of Seattle that we've never been to. 

Kathryn and Brian's house is beautiful! And back in the old neighborhood where I used to live with Kathryn - so it feels much more like 'home'.   Brunch on Saturday was fun - it was great to see Aunt Susanna and catch up a bit, and we all enjoyed a post brunch walk out to the locks in the sun - very relaxing!

Sunday we got up and strolled our way to Herkimer Coffee with the dogs - it was all I could do not to order a delicious old-fashioned glazed donut like I used to do back in my studying days. So tempting! Thor and I packed up to roll out to Duthie about mid-day to give Kathryn a chance to catch up on yard-work and get herself ready for the week.  Duthie is super fun!  They have everything from beginner trail to experienced free-ride trails with large drops (large from my perspective....probably not large if you're used to Whistler style riding).  Anyhow - we had a great time puttering around on the trails - and I rode my first step down off a skinny!  Check out the pictures from the weekend below.

I think this might be my favorite family picture of late. Thor/Kathryn are hilarious - Aunt Susanna has a beautiful smile - and Brian's face is priceless: "really? I married into this?" 
The stepdown I rode. It's a baby-one, but it's a start! I'm including this pic so you have a clear idea of what I was riding. All the pictures with me are suuuuper fuzzy!

Coming off the step down. You can see once i'm in the picture that it's not really all that big. Fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment