Friday, December 30, 2011

snowshoeing at monarch pass

our second day in crested butte we decided to drive to Monarch ski area in search of better snow. Thor and I entertained ourselves in the car taking silly pictures - as you can see!

I dropped Thor, Daphne and Sheri off at the ski area (where they found better snow than crested butte!) and then I headed back up the road to do a snowshoe up to Monarch Pass on the continental divide. fortunately for me the route is on an established cat trail so I was able to snowshoe up without breaking trail (prob too much pressure and twisting on my knee at this point).

I reached the pass and the wind was howling! I had brought three of the five! dogs we were traveling with up with me - and Lance (Daphne's papillon who is all of 5lbs) got so cold! so he got to spend the rest of the snowshoe nestled in my coat.

all in all a super fun day in the snow and sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment