Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!! (and some Christmas Eve pics too!)

For Christmas Eve Thor and I went out snowshoeing up near Mt. Hood - we went to Trillium Lake, and it was packed with people! We immediately abandoned the trail in favor of heading off into the woods by ourselves with the dogs (Laea - and our friend, Emily's, dog Coop). We spent a good portion of the walk throwing snow balls for the dogs - which Laea especially liked to snap at in the air.

Laea - poised for the next great snowball.

Thor getting ready to throw a stick for Coop & Laea.

A snowball in my mitten - and Laea anxiously awaiting the throw.
But Coop got to it first and started to eat it out of my mitten. That's what Laea gets for being patient!



Thor - smiling to be headed on our way back to the car. We both had a bit of a cold over the weekend so we weren't up for doing too much trail breaking through the snow.

We capped off the adventure with a soak in our backyard (Thank you Sheri!) - it was a nice way to round out the afternoon before heading out for Christmas Eve dinner at our friends, Margi & Scott's, house.

Merry Christmas! We woke up and lit a fire to toast up the room while we opened presents.

A shot of the tree all lit up.

I got a new bike for Christmas (yay!) - so despite our colds Thor and I rallied and headed out for an afternoon of mountain biking with our friend Laurie. The weather report had called for rain, but it was clear and unusually warm for December - the riding was perfect!


Here I am with my new bike - I think I'm demonstrating how to go off a jump here (please note I'm showing exceptionally poor form here, and I don't, actually, know how to go off jumps!)

Thor & I on Christmas Day - 2010! Here's to many more Christmas adventures together!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on the new bike, I bet that made your day ;) Glad you two had a good Christmas in your warm and cozy house!

    ReplyDelete