Monday, August 16, 2010

oregon short track state champs

This past weekend Thor and I raced in the OBRA Short Track Mountain Biking state championships - and we each got third in our respective categories! Mom came and cheered - which was a real treat - and she has some fun pics on her phone that I'll post at a later date.
Thor and I might have been a bit crazy to race - as it was probably over 100 degrees at race time, but Thor's team (Tireless Velo) was hosting the event - so we were out there anyways to volunteer and figured we might as well race too!

Thor heading out of the start (this is unfortunately the only picture of Thor that I was able to dig up)

Me at the start - there were only 4 women in my category.

Grinding up a hill somewhere on the course. I was soooo hot!
On the 'podium' after with Sue & Colleen. Sue (1st place) is a pro rider - and I can pretty much guarantee this is the only time the two of us will ever appear on a podium together!


No comments:

Post a Comment