Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Short Track #1 - June 21

Monday night was the first short track race of the year - and both Thor and I raced. This was Thor's first race in his new Tireless Velo jersey - doesn't he look sharp? ;) And - the most exciting news of the post - Thor got 4th in his category!

For some reason these pictures are out of order - and Blogger isn't letting me rearrange right now - so you'll just have to bear with my out of order pics! I raced in the Pro/Cat 1 women's category for the first time ever, and it went pretty well for my first time out! I was definitely dead last (unfortunately NOT a copy cat performance of cousin Erica's Pro category debut. Nice job on the 3rd place!), but I was racing better than I ever did last year (standing up on hills, trying to sprint (or at least accelerate) out of corners, etc.) AND I didn't get lapped by every Pro/Cat 1 man on the course - so that was a mini victory in itself!

Here I am - following speedy Karen Goritsky of Tireless Velo around the course!


I tried hard to take pictures of Thor during his race - but he just wouldn't cooperate! =) (okay, okay - the reality is I'm terrible with a camera!) In every picture I took of Thor on Monday night he is blocked by other riders - here is an example of my pathetic sports photography skills: Thor is directly behind the rider in the middle with the white stripes on his shoulders - you can barely see Thor's arms sticking out on either side. Nice job, Sarah!

Thor and I pre-race!

No comments:

Post a Comment