Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thor's Scarf

One nice benefit of all the plane time last week was finishing Thor's new scarf. I used a pattern out of Scarf Style called Interlocking Balloons Scarf by Shirley Paden. Due to my terribly inept photography skills I have been unable to capture a picture of the scarf inside my own home (read - not enough light to be able to see the stitch pattern). So I took this photo from online at http://garn.poppyfield.net/books/scarfstyle/41interlockingballoons.jpg :





Thor's scarf is much darker -- I used Peruvian Tweed - 100% Superfine Alpaca in Color # 113. It is a dark brown with smoky blue flecked in. The best picture I could find of the color online won't let me link the photo to my blog -- but if you're so inclined you can check it out here: http://www.kyarns.com/joseph-galler-peruvian-tweed-alpaca-sport-worsted-weight-knitting-yarn.html
The link will take you to color #106 -- but #113 is the very farthest on the right in the top row. I loved this yarn. So nice to work with and you get 600 yards in a skein! (Granted, you do pay for it. I won't admit to the cost per skein here, but you'll get an idea if you follow the above link!)

2 comments:

  1. Please please PLEASE tell me you're planning on setting up a photo shoot with Thor and his scarf looking effortlessly casual next to a brick wall!

    PS The finished scarf is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh. good idea. i'm sure Thor will go for that. =)

    ReplyDelete